To help make a world where no one goes hungry, without shelter, without opportunity, or without community, please make a tax-deductible gift towards our work and help us meet our $60,000 goal.
For 40 years, Broadway Community has continually provided grace, love, and welcome to thousands of New Yorkers experiencing the crises of homelessness, chronic hunger, and poverty. In 2021:
- We served 36,916 tasty, nutritious meals through our soup kitchen (a 50% increase from 2020 and 70.74% from 2019).
- We distributed 3,029 pantry packages to our hungry neighbors.
- We welcomed 15 of our neighbors experiencing homelessness into our shelter each evening of the year, providing 5,475 nights of safe and comfortable rest.
- We cared for 256 unique Guests for 1,556 visits at our medical clinic with the Institute for Family Health.
Without your support, these remarkable achievements would not have been possible.
Your support makes a tangible difference. Recently, we welcomed a new Guest into our shelter program. Each evening, for the first time in years, this Guest is able to sleep peacefully, eat a proper dinner, take a hot shower, and relax. According to his case worker, entering our shelter has given him a “sense of safety and security that he has not had for years.” Thank you for making this work possible and for adding a little more light to the world.
As we learn to live with the pandemic and plan to restore indoor dining for the first time since March 2020, we are committed to meeting the needs of our community, whatever those needs may be. We are determined to no longer only focus on treating the symptoms of homelessness, chronic hunger, and poverty, but to begin addressing their root causes.
That’s why we need to raise $60,000 this June – and to help us get there, an anonymous donor has generously pledged to match the first $30,000 we raise from community members like you.
We ask that you give what you can to help us continue providing food, shelter, medical care, and community to our struggling neighbors.
- $40 can provide a year's worth of showers for one of our shelter Guests.
- $250 can provide a month's worth of laundry services for the Guests of our shelter.
- $500 can provide 200 warm, nutritious, and tasty lunches for a Guest of our soup kitchen.
- $1,500 can provide one day's worth of lunch and breakfast for all the Guests of our soup kitchen.
Thank you for being our partner in impact!
P.S. Donate now to double your impact! An anonymous donor has generously pledged to fully match the first $30,000 we raise from community members like you.