Want to help form a different community? Do you seek a world that has less pain and more joy? Come join us!
Broadway Community depends on the critical contributions of volunteers: regular and infrequent, those from West Harlem and throughout New York, as well as groups from around the country. We value your contributions to our work and hope you will come to know our guests and get involved in the wider struggle to end poverty and homelessness.
Right now, we seek volunteers for the following opportunities:
- Cook in the kitchen! Come on Sunday or Tuesday from 6-8pm to help Chef Michael to prepare meals for Monday or Wednesday lunches.
- Serve meals! Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10am-3pm, we need your help to serve our guests. Stay for all or part of that time to prep salads, serve guests at their seats, and help clean up.
- Join us the second Thursday of each month for a community meal that is open to all and brings together people across lines of diversity over a shared delicious meal. We need volunteers for all kinds of tasks from 12-10pm.
Overnight and dinner volunteers with our Night Shelter:
- Serve dinner! From 8-10pm, help serve and clean up from dinner for our 12 Night Shelter guests.
- Stay overnight! We need a couple volunteers each evening to stay overnight with our guests.